Tuesday 6 August 2013

[WoW] #WoWScreenshotADay, 6: This means a lot to me!

This post is part of a series of screenshot entries into a competition run by Tycertank.

This one was a pretty easy decision to make:

Karazhan
Karazhan

This place is special to me for a couple of reasons. First of all, it’s where I did my first raid, and oh dear was I a noob – as soon as the gate was unlocked, I ran in ahead of everyone else and pulled something, and promptly got squished. After that little mishap, I was better behaved, and we carried on, struggling a little despite this being the beginning of Wrath of the Lich King and several of the raid members being level 80.

So clearly I didn’t make a great impression on our raid leader, which was particularly galling to me as a had a bit of a crush on her. She had the most wonderful voice, was super sweet and caring, and as far as I could tell from the small picture she posted on our guild website, was awfully pretty.

Now the second reason Karazhan is special to me: thankfully my first impression was not a lasting one, and the raid leader and I got to know each other better, well enough that eventually (after much encouragement from a couple of other guild members, to whom I am eternally grateful) I asked her out on a date. She agreed! That was four and a half years ago, and things have only grown from there: we’re now engaged :D

A note about the image: if you actually go to Karazhan and stand in the spot where this screenshot was taken, you'll notice something odd: you can't see the whole tower at once! To create this image, I had to take two screenshots, one angled up to fit the top of the tower in, then combine them in panorama stitching software.

No comments:

Post a Comment